Tbilisi International Festival of Theatre announces the call for participation!
Program New | September 14 – 30, 2018
- This is the story about artists who want to take a risk and challenge undiscovered audience;
- The possibility to represent work abroad;
- The opportunity to widen the knowledge about performing arts sector in East European Region.
The program was presented to the Georgian audience as a part of International Program with the aim to take a risk and give chance to the newcomers from abroad. Tbilisi International Festival of Theatre decided to open frames and encourage different disciplines of art, with the purpose of making diverse program and area. In first addition (2011) we received over 300 applications and artistic proposals from different countries and fields of art as theater, dance, street arts, circus and music.
Since then - we hosted several companies from different places of world - the wonderful works and artists from Israel, Poland, Lithuania, Argentina, Romania, Germany, Finland, Russia, India, Denmark, Slovenia, Armenia, South Korea, Azerbaijan, Norway, Hungary made the idea of NEW successful.
“NEW” is getting more popular, with received 500 - 650 applications for each year.
Welcome to Georgia, to the rich theatrical country, in the city – Tbilisi where the festival gathers wide range of talents and artists from all around the world with their most courageous ideas to meet are truly magnificent audience.
With the main purpose to present the diverse landscape of theatre life we announce special focus on contemporary theatre productions with special emphasis on street arts.
Because of the anniversary we decided to establish 2 prizes:
1. Best "NEW" of the edition 2018 which will be named by Georgian Theatre Critics Association.
2. “Discovery of 2018”, which will be named by magazine “Caucasian Business week”.
CONDITIONS for participation!
Festival provides following:
- Venue and technical support
- General publicity
- Accommodation during the stay
- Airport transfers
- Per-diems (25 USD per person per day)
Please take into consideration following points:
- The set-up day and performance day will be appointed by the festival and it varies from 2 to 3 days, accommodation is set accordingly;
-TBS international does not cover your travel costs and does not provide an artistic fee. The final program is based on selection;
-The Deadline for call of applications - April 1, 2018
-Selected performances will be announced by e-mail not later than April 15, 2018
How to apply!
-We receive only the online application forms.
-Please send in the application form together with a link of a registration of your complete performance on vimeo and the requested appendixes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Download the application form)